Hot water is a necessity during the winter seasons. You cannot imagine having a shower with cold water in these days. And the only source that will get hot water to you is the water heater. This appliance has made the life of people easy and convenient. You want to ensure that the water heater functions in the best condition possible and if it experiences a problem, you want to get it repaired. At Byron’s Plumbing, we give our customers water heater service that keeps the hot water running.
Installing a Water Heater
When you replace your water heater, you should hire a reliable service. Byron’s Plumbing could be the right choice. Our professionals are insured and authorized. They will remove the old water heater and replace it with a new one expertly. It is recommended that you let Byron’s Plumbing do the installation of your new water heater as it involves dealing with natural gas, carbon monoxide, and a pressure-controlled holding tank. Any of these factors might lead to catastrophic damage or injuries if the water heater is not installed properly. Byron’s Plumbing professionals have a lot of experience and will do the installation process right. They know all the necessary codes and the safety factors.
A basic water heater installation will require the following:
- Removal of the old water heater
- Installing the new unit of the same size and in the same unobstructed area
- Reconnecting the existing gas, electric, water and venting lines
- Up to 5 feet of discharge tube, gas and water pipe as needed
- Provision of nipples, couplings and copper tubing for direct reconnect
- Testing the new water heater unit for proper operation
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
- Reliable hot water – Installing a water heater will provide you with hot water continuously whenever you need it. Also, you will be able to ensure that your home is equipped with enough hot water throughout.
- Continuous energy savings – You can save a lot on your monthly electricity bills if you have an efficient water heater installed.
- Saves space – A tankless water heater can be installed anywhere in your home. Thus, you will be able to save up on space.
- Long lasting – A tankless water heater lasts very long and, therefore, is a great investment in your home.
Maintaining a Water Heater
You can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your water heater by taking proper care of it. Adding insulation and setting the temperature should be done once as it reduces heat loss and can help save on energy bills. You should also flush the tank once in a year as it will remove all the sediments and increase its efficiency and can help to extend the life of your water heater. If you maintain your water heater on a regular basis, you will be able to save a lot of money on repairs as well.
Repairing a Water Heater
You need to get a water heater repaired when you find out the following symptoms:
- No hot water – If your hot water heater is not performing its only function, you know that there is a problem with it. Not getting enough hot water is an easy indicator of broken water heater. When you come across this problem, you should get your water heater checked and repaired by a Byron’s Plumbing professional to enjoy hot water experience.
- Dirty water – The common thing that you will notice if you have a broken water heater is that cloudy or rusty water comes from your faucet. This can be a sign that your water heater is rusting from inside and it might soon begin to leak. This problem only occurs when the hot water tank becomes old. But, it is not a major issue, it can always be cleaned out by a water heater repair.
- Slow heating – If you notice that there is an increase in the amount of time it takes for the water to heat up, you should know that you have a broken water heater. It will be difficult to identify this sign if your water heater has always been taking long to heat up the water. If not, you probably have one or the other part that needs to be replaced.
- Weird noises – If your water heater is making noises, it might be due to the sediment buildup on the bottom of the tank. This happens as the water heater becomes old. You will require professional help to solve this problem. It is a major indication of broken water heater and that you should consider a replace and we need to check it to decide whether it can be repaired.
- Age – As your water heater ages, it will be up for a replace. The water heater might not last for more than 10 years. You should check the serial number on the top of your water heater and find out the age of it. Doing this, you will be able to know if your hot water tank can serve you any longer or not. It is advisable to get the hot water tank replaced if it is older than 10 years to avoid severe problems in the future.
Byron’s Plumbing gives you a professional and efficient water heater service. You can now maintain your water heater and enjoy hot water throughout without any interruptions. For anything related to water heaters, you can contact Byron’s Plumbing. We would love to help you and you would surely love our service.
Get a quick quote: