Fixing a toilet is not very hard, provided you know what the problem is. Toilets are used regularly and hence, must be maintained on regularly too. If not maintained properly, it will frequently have problems . To avoid the toilet problems, you need to take some precautions.
What not to flush down the toilet?
Toilets are designed to take in waste generated by human beings. If you flush anything other than that, it could create a problem. Here’s what you should never flush down a toilet:
- Toilet tissues – These are the most common items that get flushed down the toilet. Tissues get blocked in the traps and cause clogging problems.
- Band aids – Even though Band-Aids are very small in size, you should not flush them down the toilet as they are harmful to the environment and will also cause clogging.
- Disposable diapers – These diapers are made up of toxic plastic. When this plastic comes in contact with water, it expands. This leads to toilet clogging and hence, they should not be flushed down there.
- Hair – A tiny strand of hair can cause a lot of damage to your toilet. It does not pass through the system but gets collected in the bends and forms giant balls which will cause a clog.
What are the problems your toilet might face?
Here’s quick list of the toilet problems that you may face.
- Running toilets – If you have a running toilet frequently, you should get it fixed. Running toilets do not only waste water, but also give you a big water bill. You can save both by conducting repairs
- Clogged drains – Clogged drains result in waste water backing up your plumbing system and you won’t be able to use the bathroom or kitchen sink or your bathtub.
- Slow flush – The slow flushing problem occurs when the water in the tank does not reach the appropriate level. You then have to flush the toilet many times, which leads to a lot of water wastage.
You can look out for these problems and get them solved quickly by Byron’s Plumbing professionals.
How can you fix your toilet?
Toilets are fixtures that can serve you for long if maintained properly. It is important that you look out for the problem, so that you will be able to find a proper solution to it. Depending on the problem you might be able to fix it using the following solutions.
If you are facing this problem, the easiest way to fix it is by changing the flapper if it is worn out. Sometimes, you might not need a professional repair to get the problem of running toilets fixed, you can do it yourself.
You can remove the clogs by using a plunger or a wire hanger. If you are unable to remove the clogs, you will have to call a Byron’s Plumbing professional. They have tools that can go inside the drains and remove the clog.
Water tank leaks
A leak might be difficult to detect. You can detect a water tank leak by adding few drops of color to your water tank. If you see colored water in the bowl, then your tank is leaking. You need to fix this problem. You cannot fix the problem of leakage on your own. You will have to call a Byron’s Plumbing professional to help you fix this. The professional has a lot of experience in doing this and will do it properly.
A slow flush will not be able to serve the purpose of clearing waste. You will then have to put the flush down several times. This will lead to a lot of water loss. And will also raise up your water bills. If you check the water levels in your tanks, you will be able to keep your slow flushing problem away. The water level has to be just an inch below the overflow pipe. You can solve the slow flush problem by contacting a plumber. He will be able to solve the problem and you will be able to clean up your toilet bowl in just one flush.
At Byron’s Plumbing, we take care of each and every one of the toilet problems listed here and more. Toilet problems are annoying and inconvenient, this is why we offer a 24/7 Plumbing Emergency Service to ensure that you can get your toilet up and right on the same day itself.
Get a quick quote: