A faucet is a simple device that has one purpose – to provide you water. Most of us choose the ones that make our kitchens and bathrooms look beautiful, but beauty is secondary. The main function of a faucet is to bring water to you. If that main function is not fulfilled properly, your faucets are nothing but show pieces. You can have a blend of fashion and function when it comes to faucets, but focusing only on fashion would be a mistake.
How to pick your faucet?
Buying a new faucet depends on what and where it is going to be used for. You need to choose a kitchen faucet that will be able to handle everything you throw at it. If large pots and vessels always fill up your sink, you would want to choose a kitchen faucet with an arched neck as it will help with the functionality. And if you have a smaller kitchen, something that goes straight will be best for you.
What problems your faucet might face?
There are many common problems that your faucet might experience. If you have any of the below-listed problems, you need to get it fixed.
- Installation – If the faucet is not installed right, expect problems such as water leaks and low pressure. It is advisable that you let the Byron’s Plumbing professionals do it for you as they have training and experience.
- Leaks – This is one of the most common problems that your faucet might face. And it is one of the main reasons why people decide to replace their faucets with new ones. However, you don’t have to replace your faucet as the faucet leaks can be repaired. The key to getting your faucets repaired is to diagnose the problem correctly. Once the reason is identified, you will be able to fix the leak.
- Loss of water pressure – If the water pressure suddenly drops when you use your faucet, the most likely reason could be that you have mineral build-up inside. You can prevent this from happening by cleaning the insides of the faucet regularly. And if cleaning the faucets do not solve the low water pressure problem, you should consider calling the Byron’s Professional plumber.
- Rusting – Pay special attention if your faucets start showing signs of rust. Rust will affect the quality of water you get.
Faucet repairs depend on the faucet problems as you can’t have one solution for various problems. The solutions vary depending on the problems. You can repair some of the problems on your own while some need to be addressed by the Byron’s plumbing professionals.
- Examine the faucet closely to see what the problem is.
- Turn off the water supply to the faucet before starting any repair.
- Cover the sink drain holes to avoid losing small parts down the drain.
- Pay close attention to the order and orientation of the parts as you remove them one by one.
- Use a cloth to clean the interiors of the faucet.
- Loosen mineral deposits by soaking them in vinegar.
- Replace the worn out parts with new ones.
- Reassemble all the parts perfectly.
Cleaning and replacing worn out parts is a common repair for all faucet problems. the tools that you will need to repair a faucet will vary depending on the type of faucet you are repairing. You will need a wrench to remove the handle. Having a wrench available, you will be ready for all faucet repairs. This might be helpful for you in solving your faucet problem, but if not, you should call a Byron’s Plumbing expert who will look into the problem and solve it.
Byron’s Plumbing provides you with a professional and efficient faucet repair service. Faucet problems are the most ignored in a home and they lead to wastage of water, high water bills and a host of other plumbing problems. You can leave all your plumbing worries on us and we will handle all of them with great care. Plumbing problems might be serious, but for our professional plumbers, every problem is a common one and they can definitely help you to solve it.
Get a quick quote: